Your gloves must be stored in such a way that their protective qualities do not deteriorate. Some glove materials, for example natural rubber, have a limited storage life.
Care for your gloves
- The instructions for use for your gloves describe clearly how they should be cleaned, dried and stored. The gloves should also be cleaned on the inside.
- If protective gloves are to be reused, they must be inspected. Are they whole and clean? Have they lost any of their protective qualities?
- If the gloves have been used as protection against hazardous chemicals, they should be discarded at the end of the working day – or earlier where necessary.
GLOVES AS WASTE
- There should be procedures at your workplace for how gloves are to be used, but also how they should be treated as waste.
- The gloves themselves are combustible but their use can affect how they are handled as waste.
- For gloves that have been used as protection against hazardous chemicals, specific environmental regulations apply.
It is important to follow our recomendation when it comes to washing your Tegera gloves and expose them to detergents and washing procedures, read our recommendations here >