Enormous development in Safety Gloves
In the last five years, there has been an enormous development in protective gloves. This makes the possibilities far greater than many are aware of.
- We were very surprised that it can be so easy to work with gloves on, says Niels Løvstad (34).
About a year ago, he started wearing work gloves from TEGERA, like the rest of the plumbers in Oslo Rørservice. It was like night and day compared to the gloves they used to wear.
The TEGERA gloves are so comfortable that Niels Løvstad is happy to leave them on, even when he has a coffee break.
- We were used to gloves making it awkward to hold and work with tiny things. Many of the pipe parts we work with are very small. Before, we often had to take off our gloves, but we do not need that now. The TEGERA ® gloves are so soft and fit so tightly that we use them all the time, he says.
According to Løvstad, the gain is at least two:
They avoid the cut injuries that often led to sick leave, and release dry and hard skin in the palms, even if they work in a wet environment all day.
- In addition, we get a better working day.
Much better than before
Many occupational groups lack knowledge about safety gloves, says Torhild Fahle in Ejendals. The technology in safety gloves has made quantum leaps in the last five years, thanks to new materials and production techniques.
Torhild Fahle often gives advice to companies on what kind of safety gloves to choose.
- Before, you could barely bend your fingers in an impact glove with impact protection. Today you get waterproof work gloves with both impact protection and cut resistance - at the same time as they give you both finger sensitivity and good grip for precision work, says Fahle.
Last year the TEGERA ® Infinity collection was released, which has taken the development even further. A very special dip combined with new materials makes the TEGERA Infinity gloves extremely thin, soft and flexible - while providing good protection.
- There is no longer any excuse that it is inconvinient to wear gloves, Fahle states.
Over 300 different safety and work gloves
The selection has also become much larger. TEGERA actually has over 330 different glove models to choose from, and around 20 glove models in the Infinity collection. This allows everyone to find a glove that suits their needs. To make it easier to find the right glove, TEGERA has created color codes on the gloves' suspension. On the TEGERA website, you can also use filters to find gloves that meet your special needs.
- Some people still believe that a glove is a glove. That's not the case. You have to choose gloves according to what you work with and what environment you work in. For many, this means that they may need two or three different protective gloves for different tasks, Fahle explains.
In addition, you must of course make sure that the gloves are the right size, so that it is comfortable to wear them.
There are protective gloves: